Angel BiscuitsFrom czekit7 4 years ago
- 1 package Hodgson Mill active dry yeast shopping list
- 3 Tbsp warm water (105 degrees F) shopping list
- 5 cups Hodgson Mill unbleached white flour shopping list
- 1/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 5 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 c. vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2 c. buttermilk--room temperature shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F. Mix yeast and water and set aside. Mix all dry ingredients together and cut in shortening until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Mix buttermilk with yeast mixture and stire into dry ingredients.
- Turn out on floured board and knead a few times. Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut biscuits and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 15-18 minutes. Yield 3 dozen biscuits.
The Cookczekit7 Pryor, OK
- Not added to any groups yet!