Chocolate Pecan PieFrom blondeberry 5 years ago
- a pie crust shopping list
- 2 oz unsweetened chhocolate shopping list
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 Tbsp dark rum shopping list
- 1 cup coarsley chopped pecans shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare or purchase a pie crust and set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler.
- Boil the sugar and corn syrup for 2 minutes to melt completely.
- Let cool slightly;blend the chocolate and sugar mixtures together and wisk into the beaten eggs, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Stir in the rum, pecans and salt.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until filling is slightly firm.
- Remove and let cool.
- Serve at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream.
The Cookblondeberry Charleston, SC
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!