California Cheese Chilies And BeansFrom nermalsmom 5 years ago
- 1/2 pound sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided shopping list
- 1/4 pound monterey jack cheese, grated shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons whole wheat flour, divided shopping list
- 1 can (15-16 oz) Vegetarian beans in tomato sauce, drained shopping list
- 2- 4 oz cans chopped green chilis (I used 1 can) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 2 cups canned or frozen corn (I use mexicorn for color) shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups milk shopping list
- ground red pepper shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, sliced for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Reserve 1 cup of cheddar cheese for toppping.
- Toss remaining cheeses with 2 T flour in large mixing bowl.
- Add drained beans, chilies, green onion, corn and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Spoon bean mixture into buttered (I use pan spray) 3-quart oblong baking dish, spreading out evenly.
- Whisk together the eggs and remaining 2 T of flour until smooth.
- Stir in milk and season to taste with red pepper.
- Pour over bean and cheese mixture.
- Top with sliced tomatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until custard is just set (use a cake tester or toothpick).
- Add remaining cheese and bake for additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.