Brinjal RiceFrom aravi_vel 6 years ago
- Brinjals, quartered - 4 small shopping list
- carrot (1/2 inch cubes) - 1 medium shopping list
- cauliflower (separated into florets) - 1/4 small shopping list
- green peas - 1/4 cup shopping list
- Green chillies - 4 shopping list
- French beans, chopped : 7-8 shopping list
- potato, (chopped) - 1 medium shopping list
- tomatoes, (chopped) - 2 medium shopping list
- fresh coriander leaves (chopped) - 1 tablespoon shopping list
- Split green gram skinless - 1/4 cup shopping list
- spinach (shredded) : 7-8 leaves shopping list
- rice (soaked) - 1 cup shopping list
- Soya granules - 1/4 cup shopping list
- oil - 2 tablespoons shopping list
- cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon shopping list
- onion (sliced) - 1 large shopping list
- salt - to taste shopping list
- turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon shopping list
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add cumin seeds and when they begin to change colour, add onion, brinjals, carrot, cauliflower, green peas, green chillies, French beans and potato. Sauté for two minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and mix. Cover and cook on low heat for three to four minutes.
- Add rice and three cups of water. Cover and cook for two minutes.
- Add soya granules, stir and again cover and cook for two minutes.
- Add tomatoes, coriander leaves, split green gram and spinach leaves and stir to mix well.
- Add salt, stir and cover. Cook on medium heat till done.
- Serve hot.
The Cookaravi_vel Bangalore, India
- Not added to any groups yet!