Lebanese Green Bean Meat StewFrom jaeleepoms 6 years ago
- 1 lb beef or lamb stew meat, chopped to smaller bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1 lb frozen green beans shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 – 14 oz cans crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 - 4 oz can tomato paste shopping list
- 2 cubes beef bouillon or 1 teaspoon beef base paste shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coriander shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 4 cups water (you can add more to your liking) shopping list
How to make it
- Saute meat in olive oil until lightly brown. Add onion and garlic to meat and continue to saute over medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes to meat mixture and stir until combined. Add spices, then add tomate paste and water. Add green beans and bring to a boil. You can add more green beans to make this heavier on the veggies.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce to a simmer on low heat for about 2 hours, or until meat is tender and tomatoes have broken down into sauce. Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings. Sahhtain (double your health)
- Variation - you can add some cubed potatoes which you start simmering the meat and tomatoes together. You also can replace green beans with peas. This recipe can easily be converted to vegetarian dish.