Flavorsome Beef CurryFrom toni5 6 years ago
- 750g braising or stewing steak, diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ghee or oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 8-9 small red chillis, seeded and sliced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1 tsp ground turmeric shopping list
- 1 tsp garam masala shopping list
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 375ml brown stock shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 150ml coconut milk shopping list
- 200g English spinach leaves shopping list
- 100g natural yoghurt, stirred to smooth shopping list
How to make it
- Brown beef in large frying pan. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook onions and garlic 2-3 mins, until soft.
- Reduce heat. Stir in chillies, and then the spices, stirring after adding each spice.
- Cook about 2 mins, stirring continually. Add a few tablespoons of stock if it gets too dry.
- Stir in tomatoes and return beef to pan. Add stock to just below the level of the meat and bring to boil.
- Cover and cook over a low heat or in warm 170C oven for 1 hour and 20 mins. Add more stock if curry becomes dry.
- Check if meat is tender and cook another 15-20 mins if necessary.
- Add coconut milk and spinach and cook uncovered for 10 mins.
- Stir in yoghurt just before serving. Serve with rice.
The Cooktoni5 Brisbane, AU
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!