Key Lime PieFrom fluffy24 7 years ago
- 1 tb butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 c Chopped pecans shopping list
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablesppons lime zest shopping list
- 7 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 14oz cans sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 3/4 c graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 c key lime juice shopping list
- 3/4 ts cinnamon 2 Lime rind; grated shopping list
- 1 1/2 tb sugar whipped cream shopping list
- * Bottled key lime juice can be purchased at some super markets. shopping list
How to make it
- PECAN CRUST
- Saute pecans in butter until lightly browned. Place nuts and butter in food processor, and add the crumbs, lime peel, cinnamon, sugar, a mix till coarse. Press into a 10" pie plate, reserving some for garnish if you like.
- PIE FILLING Beat egg yolks at high speed 4-5 minutes. Slowly add condensed milk with the mixer running at medium, then add lime juice the same way. A peel and mix slowly. Pour mixture into the prepared crust.
- Fill baking pan halfway with water, and place on lowest rack of the oven. Place pie plate rack above water, and bake at 300 degrees until firm, 20-25 minutes. Do no allow pie to brown.
- Remove pie, and cool to room temperature, then place in refrigerator to set and chill for about 4 hours. To serve, you may garnish with whipped cream and crust crumbs if you like .