Mashed PotatoesFrom littlesponger 4 years ago
- 8 large russet potatoes (red ones) shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 4 tablespoon butter (1stick) shopping list
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- pinch of paprika shopping list
- additional butter shopping list
How to make it
- Peel potatoes and cut into large cubes. Place in a pot with enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Add some salt to the pot & gently boil the potatoes until they are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander. Place in a large mixing bowl; add sour cream & cream cheese. Using a hand mixer beat until smooth. Add the butter, chives, salt & pepper to taste.
- Place the potatoes in a greased 2 qt casserole. Dot with additional butter and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.