Fab Phyllo Apple - Raisin PieFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 9 sprays PAM canola oil spray (or similar) shopping list
- 8 phyllo pastry sheets shopping list
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 large golden delicious apples, peels scored (but left on) and cubed shopping list
- 2 tbsp sultana raisins shopping list
- 2 tbsp maple syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 2-qt (11 x 7") baking pan with PAM, set aside.
- Lay out a single sheet of phyllo, spray with PAM, and top with another layer of phyllo. Do this until you have used 4 sheets stacked.
- Lay the stacked sheets in the baking dish, allowing overhang on all sides.
- In a large bowl, toss together apples, raisins, syrup and cinnamon. Pour into the phyllo-lined pan.
- Prepare the remaining 4 phyllo sheets as above, layering with sprays of PAM in between each.
- Place the second stacked phyllo layer block on top of the apple filling.
- Take the overhang of pastry from both top and bottom layers together, and roll up (or fold) to form an edge along each side of the pan.
- Cut the unbaked pastry into 12 squares.
- Bake 30 minutes in the centre rack of the oven, then move dish to the bottom rack and bake 10 minutes longer.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
Easy and good..Gr8t postturtle66 in Sacramento loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
Sweet Tooth446 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members