Chinese Chicken SaladFrom michellem 6 years ago
- vegetable oil(for frying) shopping list
- 3 ounces cellophane noodles shopping list
- 6 tbsp rice vinegar shopping list
- 3 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 2 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp horseradish puree shopping list
- 1/2 tsp died crushed pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup peanut oil shopping list
- 3 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn in bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut in strips shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, parsley, cilantro, and mint or 1 tbsp dried basil and 1 tbs dried mint. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in heavy saucepan. Add noodles and fry for 10 seconds until crisp. Do not brown.
- Remove to paper towels and drain.
- Whisk vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, horseradish and red pepper in bowl.
- Slowly add peanut and sesame oils and whisk.
- In a large skillet heat 1/4 cup of the dressing.
- Add chicken and saute about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Combine lettuce, bell peppers, herbs, noodles, and chicken in a large bowl.
- Toss with desired amount of remaining dressing.
- Season with freshly ground pepper.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating6 people
michelle i love this .......cant wait to make it next week when my friend is visting .thanks so much happy 4th to you !!!!!minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Looks great!pleclare in Framingham loved it
love this thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!