Mocha Icebox CakeFrom annieamie 5 years ago
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. instant espresso powder shopping list
- 3 1/2 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped shopping list
- 26 Nabisco Famous chocolate wafer cookies shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Kahlua or other coffee liqueur, optional shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Make cake: Line a 9-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap; tuck it into corners and leave a 1-inch overhang. Mix 1/2 cup cream, marshmallows and espresso powder in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until marshmallows melt and espresso dissolves. Remove from heat; whisk in chocolate until melted. Scrape into a bowl; let cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 2. Pour remaining 1 1/2 cups cream into a bowl; whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold a cup of whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Gently fold chocolate mixture into remaining whipped cream, taking care not to deflate cream. Arrange 3 cookies in a single layer on bottom of pan. Scrape 1 cup of mousse over cookies and smooth with an offset spatula. Stand one cookie up on each short end of pan.
- 3. Arrange 3 cookies on top of mousse. Spread quarter of remaining mousse evenly over cookies. Repeat with remaining ingredients, forming 5 layers of mousse and ending with cookies. Cover pan with plastic; freeze for at least 6 hours.
- 4. Make sauce: Melt chocolate and 8 Tbsp. water in a bowl set over pan of simmering water. Stir in liqueur, if desired. Serve cake with sauce.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating3 people
Chocolate Dreams353 members
Choco Lovers137 members
Chocoholics Anonymous153 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Companys Coming114 members
Coffee Talk123 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Cheap N Easy52 members
Amazing Icebox Cakes47 members