Coffee Marshmallow Icebox CakeFrom annieamie 5 years ago
- 2 Tb. instant coffee granules or flakes shopping list
- 1 cup hot water shopping list
- 1/2 pound of mini marshmallows or cut large marshmallows shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream or manufacturer's cream, whipped shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped shopping list
- 18-20 lady fingers shopping list
- Topping options: chocolate curls or mini chocolate chips, coconut, chopped toasted almonds or chopped walnuts, cocoa powder, cookie or cake crumbs, toffee bits, etc! shopping list
How to make it
- The Day Before Serving!
- In a saucepan, dissolve 2 TB instant coffee in 1 cup of hot water.
- Add the marshmallows to the coffee mixture and stir until melted.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Fold in 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Line the lady fingers in the bottom of a 10x8x2 or 9 inch round pan.
- Cover with half of the coffee mixture and repeat cookie and coffee layer.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours!
- To serve:
- Top with 1/2 cup heavy whipped cream and choice of toppings and serve.
- I'm sorry that I can't provide a photograph! So if you make one in the next few days, please post it here? Thanks!