Frozen Apple SaladFrom grandmacooks 6 years ago
- Small can crushed pineapple (approx 8 ounces) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 cups apples, unpeeled, chopped (2 different colors are pretty) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- lettuce leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Beat eggs.
- Drain pineapple into a measuring cup.
- Add water to the juice to make 1/2 cup liquid.
- Stir liquid into eggs.
- Add sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- On medium burner, cook and stir about 5 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
- When this dressing is cool, whip the heavy cream
- Now fold in the drained pineapple, apple, celery, and whipped cream.
- Spread mixture into a dish or pan that is 8 inches square. Cover and put in freezer until frozen.
- Half an hour before you want to serve, remove from freezer and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- At the end of the 30 minutes, cut in 9 squares and place on lettuce leaves to serve.