Easy Whole Wheat Pasta SaladFrom marky90 5 years ago
- 1 Lb whole wheat pasta, such as fusilli rotini or penne. ( I like Barilla) shopping list
- 2 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 carrots shopping list
- 1 small head broccoli shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas shopping list
- 1 Red or yellow bell pepper, halved and seeded shopping list
- 2 celery stalks shopping list
- 4 spring onions shopping list
- 1 Large tomato shopping list
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives shopping list
- 1 Cup diced white cheese, feta, mozzarella whatever you like! shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 3 Tsp balsamic or wine vinegar shopping list
- 4 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame seeds shopping list
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh herbs-your choice of parsley, thyme or basil shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pan of salted water to boil, add the pasta and cook according to the package directions, until al dente'. Drain and rinse under
- cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well and add to large mixing bowl. Toss with the olive oil and allow to cool.
- Lightly blanch the carrots, broccoli and peas in large pan of boiling water.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Chop the cooled carrots and broccoli, then add to the pasta with the peas.
- Slice the celery, pepper,spring onions and tomato in small pieces. Add to the salad mix with the olives.
- Prepare the dressing, buy whisking the vinegar with the oil and the mustard in a small bowl. Stir in the sesame seeds and the mixed herbs and season with salt and pepper. Whisk all to combine then pour over the salad mixture. Toss all together, then stir in the cheese.
- Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste and serve!