Ginger infused Japanese rice puddingFrom jdpinky 7 years ago
- syrup: shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cupc sugar shopping list
- pudding: shopping list
- 3 tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 3 cups 1% low fat milk, divided shopping list
- 3 cups plain soy milk shopping list
- 1 cup short-grain rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 10 fresh strawberries, sliced shopping list
- crysallized ginger for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, combine water and sugars. cook over med heat until boiling.
- turn heat to low and simmer about 30 minutes. stir occasionally.
- place grated ginger in cheesecloth with a tie string.
- combine milk, soymilk, and ginger tea bag in a large saucepan.
- simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- occasionally skim top.
- remove ginger bag and stir in rice and syrup.
- cook on highuntil mixture boils. reduce heat to med-low and simmer uncovered, stirring often until pudding thickensand rice is tender (about 45 minutes) then add heavy cream.
- spoon pudding into serving cups and top each one with a straberry and the ginger if using.