Peanut Butter and Jelly Oat BarsFrom fluffy24 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- ¾ Cup butter flavor All-Vegetable shortening, plus additional for greasing shopping list
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 2 cups (plus 2 tablespoons) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1½ cups oats (quick, uncooked) shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup strawberry preserves shopping list
- . shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with shortening.
- Combine brown sugar, shortening and Peanut Butter in large bowl. Beat on medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Stir in oats with spoon. Mix until well blended. Stir in water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Press half the dough into bottom of greased pan and spread Smucker’s preserves over it. Flatten small amounts of remaining dough between hands. Place on preserves and arrange so dough sections touch. Fill in any spaces with dough so preserves are completely covered.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and edges are slightly brown. Do not over-bake. Cut while warm into bars about 2½ x 2 inches.