Mirabelle Ginger TartFrom busmamawilliams 8 years ago
- For dough: shopping list
- 1 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick ) chilled, unsalted butter ( if using salted butter, omit the salt called for in recipe); cut into pieces shopping list
- 5 Tablespoons cold water shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups packed, golden-brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons whipping cream shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger-root; peeled & grated shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced almonds shopping list
- 4 large egg-yolks shopping list
- whipped cream for serving. shopping list
How to make it
- For dough: Combine first 3 ingredients in a food processor ( or by hand ). Add butter & mix until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add water & blend just until moist clumps form. Knead dough gently until smooth. Cover & chill until firm; about 20 minutes. Roll out dough on floured surface to a 13-inch round. Fit into a 9-inch diameter tart pan with a removable bottom. Trim edges. Chill until firm; about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line dough with foil & fill with pie-weights or dried beans. Bake until crust sets; about 15 minutes. Remove weights & foil. Bake crust until pale golden; about 20 minutes more. Transfer to rack & cool. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- For filling:
- Mix all ingredients for filling together & pour into tart shell. Bake at 300 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until set. Cool & top with whipped cream.
The Cookbusmamawilliams Clifton, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!