Grilled Apple cake with cinnamon sugarFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 5 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the pie plate shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, shopping list
- divided use shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- 2 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 large Granny Smith apple shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar shopping list
- whipped cream for topping, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Generously grease a 10-inch metal pie plate with butter.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, salt, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and cloves, and mix well.
- Cut the 5 tablespoons of butter into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Mix with your fingers until you have a coarse meal.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla, and add to the bowl.
- Mix well.
- The batter should be well combined but still have some lumps.
- Pour the batter evenly into the pie plate.
- Core and slice the apple lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange the slices on top of the batter around the outer edge of the pie plate like petals of a flower, overlapping them slightly. I
- n a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of the apples and batter.
- Using indirect heat, preheat the grill to 350 to 450 degrees.
- Place the pan on the grate, not over direct heat.
- Grill with the lid closed for 20 minutes.
- Rotate the pan 90 degrees.
- Continue grilling with the lid closed until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve at room temperature with whipped cream, if desired.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!