My Wednesday Chicken Liver DinnerFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 lb or package of fresh chicken livers shopping list
- lemon zest shopping list
- small pat of butter shopping list
- olive oil (twice around the frypan) shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion sliced shopping list
- 6-8 cherry tomaotes halved shopping list
- 4 tblsp wondra or reg flour shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- pepper mill pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 heaping teas curry powder shopping list
- 5 cloves of garlic preferably roasted shopping list
- chili pepper or peppers of your choice (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Place cleaned chicken livers in a small colendar
- rinse thoroughly
- remove to paper towels and pat dry
- heat pan on stove
- when med hot add butter and olive oil
- add onions cook for 2 minutes
- add garlic and sliced tomatoes
- while cooking on low prepare livers by adding the last 4 ingredients to them and with your gently coat them with the mixture.
- Place a few at a time in the pan with the veggies until all are in and cook over med heat untill done to the desired degree
- Watch them carefully and turn when needed.
- Serve sizzling hot over rice or couscous if preferred
- That's it! Please enjoy.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
I love chicken liver but hubby hates them. Think I will get some and he will just have to eat whatever leftovers that I have. (haha)gingerlea in Tampa loved it
Making this the next time, Great recipe!!fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
I has been ages since I had these. Your recipe adds a new dimension to the standard liver and onions I grew up with. Thank you Joymarie
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!