Chicken Chimichangas with Green SauceFrom carterl 6 years ago
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles shopping list
- 5 pitted green olives shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning shopping list
- 1 pound shredded cooked chicken meat shopping list
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green onion shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Pour the cream of chicken soup into a blender along with the green chiles, olives, jalapeno, and lime juice.
- Puree until smooth, then pour into a saucepan, and warm over medium-low heat while proceeding with the recipe.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and taco seasoning until well blended.
- Fold in the chicken.
- Evenly divide mixture among the 8 tortillas.
- Fold each tortilla into a rectanglular packet around the filling.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry 4 chimichangas at a time until golden brown, then drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- To serve, place a chimichanga on a plate, and ladle the warm sauce overtop.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Finish with a dollop of sour cream.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- Meggerz Lehi, Utah
- mritravis Nowhere, Us
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- bishop Greensboro, NC
- friedsourpickles Pine, CO
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- pleasantvalleycabins Logan, US
- mkthreads Atlanta, GA
- auntybea Vernon, Canada
- shandalulu West Valley City, UT
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔