Pumpkin Pound Cake With Walnut SauceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups butter softened shopping list
- 2-3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 cup canned pumpkin shopping list
- walnut Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup corn syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin beating just until combined.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 65 minutes.
- Cook 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For sauce combine brown sugar, cream, corn syrup and butter in a saucepan then bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat then cook and stir 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in walnuts and vanilla.
- Serve warm over the cake.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!