Gluten free Cream PuffsFrom lincolntoot 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Combine water and shortening in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a rapid boil .
- Mix flours, salt, and sugar and add to water and shortening. Stir until mixture forms a ball that leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add the unbeaten eggs, one at a time, beating well with electric mixer after each egg is added.
- Drop by tablespoons on to prepared baking sheet.
- The puffs should be approximately 2 inches round and about 1/1/2 inches high.
- Leave space for them to expand.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and prick with knife to let steam escape.
- Serve cold, filled with sweetend whipped cream.
- Makes 8 to 10 puffs
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooklincolntoot Freehold, NJ
The Rating1 people
Have you tried these yet? Oh, it would make me happy to have a gf pate choux recipe! I could make and actually HAVE my crab n cheese puffs again! And strawberry puffs, too. Thanks!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!