Apple Cinnamon Yogurt MuffinsFrom thumper20 7 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup grated Braeburn or Golden Delicious apple shopping list
- 1 container (8-ounce) low fat vanilla yogurt shopping list
- 2 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350º F.
- Grease 24 3-inch muffin pan cups or line with paper liners.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, the baking powder, salt, orange zest, and nutmeg.
- With pastry blender or fork, cut in 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter until mixture is crumbly.
- In medium bowl combine apple, yogurt, and eggs; add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared miffin cups and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until centers spring back when gently pressed.
- Cool muffins in pan 5 minutes; remove from pan and cool until able to handle.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1/2 stick butter.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- To serve. brush tops of muffins with butter and roll top in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
The Cookthumper20 Cloverdale, CA
The Rating3 people
These sound really, really good and easy to make ahead of time. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
These sound fantastic! I'm invited to a potluck supper and we are to bring 3 things so this will be one of mine. Thanks!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
wow love the flavors and coombo. of this thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!