Fun-filled Fudge Pudding With Strawberry-kiwi ToppingFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh strawberries shopping list
- 1 Tbs. lime juice shopping list
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 Tbs. cold water shopping list
- 1 12.3-oz. pkg. lite silken tofu shopping list
- 1 medium-sized banana, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated cane juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 2/3 cup brown rice syrup shopping list
- 1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Heat apple juice, strawberries and lime juice in saucepan over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. When mixture boils, reduce heat to low. Combine cornstarch and water in bowl, and add to strawberries. Heat 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- Place tofu in food processor, and process until smooth. Add banana, lemon juice and evaporated cane juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place cocoa in mixing bowl, and set aside. Heat rice syrup in microwave for 60 seconds or in small saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Whisk hot syrup into cocoa until smooth.
- Scrape chocolate-rice syrup mixture into tofu mixture, add vanilla and blend thoroughly.
- Pour into 2-quart, ovenproof baking dish, and cover with single layer of sliced kiwi.
- Top with reserved strawberry mixture.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, cool for 20 minutes, cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled.
- That's it!
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating7 people
This recipe should get more attention then it has. I am a huge fruit fan. This unique dish is a great way to exploit a wonderful combination of fruit, vegetable and chocolate. Makes me want to walk through the produce isle. (My favorite section of th...moretilgidh in Blackshear loved it