Homemade Marshmallow FondantFrom tippystclair 6 years ago
- 16 oz bag of marshmallows shopping list
- 2 lb bag of powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of water shopping list
- 1 tsp flavoring (vanilla, Amaretto, orange essence, etc.) shopping list
- (pepperment extract makes the fondant taste good. Use clear vanilla if you don't want to add a tint to your fondant.) shopping list
How to make it
- Empty the bag of marshmallows into a glass bowl and add a tablespoon or two of water.
- Microwave the mixture until the consistency is smooth. Do this in 20-30 second increments, stirring between times.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir in half the bag of powdered sugar.
- Pour the remaining powdered sugar on a very clean counter.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture on your powdered sugar pile.
- Add flavor to your marshmallow mixture.
- Knead the remaining sugar into the dough, keeping your hands covered in powdered sugar (DO NOT use oil, lard or shortening to avoid sticking), .
- You will reach a point where you think that no more sugar can be incorporated, but keep going and add in little bits of the remaining water.
- You know that the fondant is ready when you have a smooth, elastic ball.
- If the dough breaks when stretched, add a bit more water.
- Double wrap the fondant when it is not being used.
- If your dough is too stiff (e.g. after refrigeration), place it in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds on defrost.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating6 people
very cool! thanks for sharingjett2whit in Union City loved it
wow great thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I've used this recipe several times and it works really well. It's still too sweet for my taste but my son loves it.maggiehc in Detroit loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!