Roasted Butternut Squash and Pear SoupFrom unswissmiss 8 years ago
- 1 3-pound butternut squash shopping list
- 1 medium pear (I used D'Anjou) shopping list
- oil (preferably a mild-flavored vegetable one, like canola) shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2 15-oz cans of chicken broth shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 Tbsp sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Halve the squash.
- Quarter and core the pear (there's no need to peel it).
- Coat cut sides of the squash and pear with vegetable oil and place cut side down in roasting pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil.
- Add diced onion, salt to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until transparent and just beginning to caramelize.
- Add sage, give a quick stir, and scrape the onion-sage mixture into a blender or food processor.
- Scoop out the flesh of the squash into the blender or food processor.
- Add the pear and one can of broth. (Split into batches, if necessary.)
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour back into soup pot and add remaining can of broth.
- Add salt and sugar, if desired.
- Heat through and serve.