Korean Style-ddukboki Spicy Rice CakeFrom littlesponger 5 years ago
- 1 package rice cake shopping list
- 1 package fish cake, cut in triangle shapes shopping list
- 1/2medium onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 cups water (or anchovy soup base) shopping list
- 3 -4 tablespoons red pepper paste (gochujjang) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- Put rice cake (dduk), soaked in boiling water still softened then drained
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic, sugar, sesame oil, ginger powder, salt, gochujjang; prepare sauce
- In a large deep pan, boil the water, stir together with sauce till all is dissolved.
- Add sliced onions, fish cakes and rice cakes, lower the heat & simmer about 5 minutes.-stirring to ensure that the thickening sauce coats everything properly.
- Once the sauce has thickened and the rice cakes are soft all the way through, add sliced green onion and mix together.
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
The Rating2 people
Very nice post, pleased to see this, can't wait to try it.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it