Tomato WineFrom efitobx 8 years ago
How to make it
- Chop tomatoes into 1 inch chunks or smaller. Include all juice seeds from chopping board place tomatoes in a large stock pot, glass or plastic bowl.
- Thinly slice Orange over the tomatoes making sure to capture all the juices from the orange as well as the slices.
- Distribute sugar evenly over the oranges and tomatoes; sprinkle raisins on top of sugar. Pour boiling water over all and let cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in yeast. Place a sheet of waxed paper over the top of the bowl but do not fasten it to the container. Let stand in a warm place for 15 days, stiring once each day. Strain through a double layer of cheese cloth to remove solids.
- Bottle and cork
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
The Rating4 people
I have a lot of tomatoes coming out of the garden.I have been canning tomato juice and vegetables soup for 2 weeks now. I love this recipe and can't wait to try it!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Another unusual and unique recipe! My husband has a garden and sometimes we don't know what to do with so many tomatoes. This is great, thank you!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!