Fresh Peach and Ginger cream Short CakesFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
- Ingredients2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 13 tablespoons sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled salted butter, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup ginger ale shopping list
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 1/4 cups chilled heavy whipping cream, divided shopping list
- 4 large peaches, halved, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk flour, 6 tablespoons sugar, and baking powder in large bowl. Add butter; rub in with fingertips until very coarse meal forms (oatmeal-size flakes). Mix in 1/4 cup chopped ginger. Add ginger ale and 2 tablespoons cream. Toss until moist clumps form. Gather dough into 7-inch log. Cut crosswise into 6 equal rounds. Place on sheet, spaced apart. Shape each into 21/2-inchdiameter round. Mix 1 tablespoon cream and 1 tablespoon sugar in small bowl; brush over top and sides of shortcakes.
- Bake shortcakes until golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool on sheet.
- Meanwhile, toss peaches in large bowl with 4 tablespoons sugar and remaining 1/4 cup chopped ginger. Whisk remaining 1 1/4 cups cream and 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl to peaks.
- Halve shortcakes horizontally. Place bottoms on plates. Top each with peaches, whipped cream, and shortcake top.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!