Chicken Taco Cornbread WedgesFrom kkitty 6 years ago
- Dressing shopping list
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing shopping list
- 1/2 cup salsa verde shopping list
- 1 cup tightly packed cilantro leaves shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced onion-I use red shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp finely chopped jalapeno shopping list
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken shopping list
- 3 tbs chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies shopping list
- Crust shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 (7 oz) package sweet yellow cornbread shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup crushed corn tortilla chips shopping list
- Toppings shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- shredded romaine lettuce shopping list
- chopped tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400
- Combine ranch, salsa, and 1cup of cilantro leaves in a small food processor and blend. Cover and refrigerate.
- In 10-inch cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, pepper and jalapeno; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chicken, 3 tbs. cilantro, salt, sumin, pepper, and tomatoes with green chilies, cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet, wipe skillet out, then grease.
- In large bowl, beat egg. Add cornbread mix and milk, mix well.
- Place tortilla chips in greased skillet.
- Pour cornbread mixture over chips.
- Spoon chicken mixture over cornbread mixture; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 400 for 16 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut into wedges. Top with romaine and tomatoes, drizzle with dressing.
The Cookkkitty Fort Worth, TX
The Rating4 people
Delish!! I can't wait to make this one. I can tell it is going to be yummy!jencathen in loved it
Wow this is a fabulous recipe, theres not 1 thing in here that I don't love. thanks for this perfect dinner, I can't wait to give it a try.asheats in BIG BEAR LAKE loved it
Thanks for sharing a delicious recipe!
....mjcmcook.....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!