Chocolate Ricotta MuffinsFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 2-1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 6 to 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray 12 standard (2-1/2-inch diameter) muffin cups with nonstick spray.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa, sugar and chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl.
- Place the ricotta in a second medium-sized bowl, and add the eggs one at a time, beating well with a medium-sized whisk after each addition.
- Add the milk and vanilla, and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Pour the ricotta mixture, along with the melted butter, into the dry ingredients.
- Using a spoon or a rubber spatula, stir from the bottom of the bowl until the dry ingredients are all moistened.
- Don't overmix; a few lumps are OK.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- For smaller muffins, fill the cups about four-fifths full.
- For larger muffins, fill them up to the top.
- If you have extra batter, spray one or two additional muffin cups with nonstick spray and fill with the remaining batter.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven, then remove the muffins from the pan and place them on a rack to cool.
- Wait at least 30 minutes before serving.