Thai Style Satay Chicken CurryFrom moonpig 7 years ago
- 4 skinless chicken thighs, bone-in shopping list
- 1 tbsp Thais Red Curry paste shopping list
- 4 scallions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 can low-fat coconut milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (smooth or crunchy both work) shopping list
- 1 tsp groundnut oil or vegetable oil shopping list
- Few tsp chopped peanuts to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl combine the chicken thighs, curry paste and coconut milk. Mix well cover and refrigerate for an hour at least (I put mine in a ziplock bag, freeze then pull out and thaw when I'm ready to make it) or in the morning before leaving for work etc.
- In a heavy bottomed frying pan heat the oil and then add the chicken thighs and brown on each side for a couple of minutes. Then add the marinade liquid lower the heat and cover. Check every couple of minutes and turn the chicken to ensure even cooking. After 10mins add the peanut butter and scallions mix well and cook uncovered for a few minutes until the sauce thickens slightly and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice or noodles, sprinkled with some chopped peanuts.
- NOTE: If cooking from frozen simply pre-heat the oven to about 170ºC and place in a casserole dish, cover and cook for about 30-45 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly, add the peanut butter and scallions about 5-10 minutes before the end of cooking, mix well and place back in the oven to finish cooking.