Quick Salsa Verde BurritosFrom busmamawilliams 5 years ago
- 1 and 1/2 lbs. ground beef ( can use ground turkey,pork or shredded,cooked chicken) shopping list
- 1/2 of 1 onion; small dice shopping list
- 2 cans ( 4 oz. each) Herdez green chile salsa shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. taco or fajita seasoning shopping list
- approx. 1 Tablesp. corn meal shopping list
- 1 can pinto or kidney beans; with liquid shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. garlic powder (not garlic salt) shopping list
- 2 teasps. vegetable oil shopping list
- 6 to 8 large flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 cup cheddar or monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Fry meat & onion in veg, oil until lightly browned. Add the 2 cans salsa verde, taco or fajita seasoning,beans with liquid & garlic powder. Add 1/2 cup hot water. Bring to boil then simmer, covered, on lowest heat for 10 minutes. Sprinkle in enough corn meal; stirring quickly with a wire whisk, until mixture is thick enough to hold it's shape in a burrito.
- To assemble: Put one tortilla over open flame on burner of stove & just let it get a few brown spots on each side; not crispy, though. Put tortilla in a plate, spoon in a fair amount of the burrito filling, top with sprinkled cheese & roll up. Repeat until all the filling is used up. Serve with salad & salsa.
The Cookbusmamawilliams Clifton, NJ
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!