Gluten-Free Honey Oatmeal BreadFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 c. water shopping list
- 1/2 c. honey shopping list
- 1/3 c. butter shopping list
- 4 c. gluten free flour shopping list
- 2 t. salt shopping list
- 2. t. xanthan gum shopping list
- 2/3 c. dry milk powder shopping list
- 2 pkgs or 5 1/2 t. yeast shopping list
- 1 c. gluten Free oats shopping list
- 1 t. dough enhancer (optional) shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 t. vinegar shopping list
- 1 T. water shopping list
- 2 T. gluten Free oats (crushed with fingers) shopping list
How to make it
- Great 2 9x5 loaf pans.
- Combine water, honey and butter in small saucepan. Heat over low heat until butter is melted and liquids just start to steam, but not boil. Sift 4 cups gf flour mix, salt, dry milk, and yeast together. Place in mixing bowl for heavy mixer. Stir in oats and pour in warm liquids into flour mixture and mix for 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Add lightly beaten egg and vinegar. Beat for 3 1/2 minutes with heavy mixer.
- Place bread dough into greased loaf pans (about half full). Preheat oven to 375. Cover and let dough rise just to top of pan. Break up 2 T. oats with fingers. Combine egg white and water. Brush tops of loaves with mixture. Sprinkle with oatmeal. Bake for 40-45 minutes. If top starts getting brown after 30 minutes of baking, cover with aluminum foil to prevent top from getting too dark.
- Let set in pan for 5 minutes and then remove from pan to cool entirely on rack before slicing.