Mango Ice CreamFrom lenora 6 years ago
How to make it
- Peel and core the mangoes, cutting them in bite sized pieces.
- Stir in 1/2 cup sugar. Cover and marinate over night in the refrigerator.
- The next day, in a saucepan over medium to low heat, simmer the mango pieces with the sugar syrup. Cook for 5 minutes, then remove and cool.
- Puree the mango and sugar syrup mixture in a blender or food processor. Add the lime juice and process again. Cover and chill for an hour.
- Bring the cream and milk to a boil. Cool. Combinn ewith chilled mango, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and the vanilla extract.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturere's instructions.
- When frozen pack the ice cream in a clear plastic container. Let soften slightly in the refrigerator before serving. Garnish.