Creole Pork ChopsFrom lincolntoot 7 years ago
- 2 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin strips shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- 4 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- PREPARE rice as directed on package.
- MEANWHILE, cook and stir onion and green pepper in hot oil in large skillet 2 minutes or until tender but not browned.
- Spoon onion and green pepper to one side of the skillet. Place chops in other side of skillet; cook on medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, tomato sauce, hot pepper sauce and salt.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until chops are cooked through.
- PLACE rice on serving platter; top with chops, vegetables and sauce.