Salt and Pepper Prawns with Lime and Chili Dipping SauceFrom carterl 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoons szechwan pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoons black peppercorns shopping list
- 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rice flour shopping list
- 26 1/2 ounces medium green king prawns, shelled and cleaned leaving tails intact shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanut oil shopping list
- lime and Chilli Dipping Sauce shopping list
- 2 1/2 ounces brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 small fresh red chile, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves shopping list
- 1/3 cup lime juice, plus wedges to serve shopping list
How to make it
- For dipping sauce, combine sugar and vinegar in a small frying pan and stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cool, then add reamaining sauce ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dry roast pepper and peppercorns in a small pan over low medium heat for 2 minutes or until fragrant, then cool.
- Grind roasted peppers, salt and rice flour until coarsely ground.
- Place prawns in bowl and sprinkle with pepper mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in wok and fry prawns in batches for 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve prawns immediately with dipping sauce and lime wedges to the side.
The Cookcarterl Danville, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!