Asparagus and Smoked Salmon SaladFrom carterl 7 years ago
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans, broken into pieces shopping list
- 2 heads red or green leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed shopping list
- 1/4 pound smoked salmon, cut into 1 inch chunks shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Place asparagus in the pot, and cook 5 minutes, just until tender. Drain, and set aside.
- Place the pecans in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted.
- In a large bowl, toss together the asparagus, pecans, red leaf lettuce, peas, and salmon.
- In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Toss with the salad or serve on the side.