Spinach LasagneFrom rusticway 4 years ago
- 12 (2-inch) lasagna noodles shopping list
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 2 cloves crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. basil shopping list
- 1 tsp. oregano shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. white sugar shopping list
- 1 can (13-1/2 oz.) leaf spinach shopping list
- 1 pkg. (15 oz.) ricotta cheese shopping list
- 3 cups (12 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- In skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with onion and garlic, drain if needed.
- To meat, add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano and sugar. Stir and simmer for about five minutes.
- Drain spinach well, squeeze out excess liquid, blend with ricotta cheese, set aside.
- In a 9 X 12-inch baking dish, layer 3 noodles (plus, cut one for the end of pan if needed), 1/2 the spinach mixture, 1/3 the tomato mixture and 1/3 the mozzarella. Repeat, ending with noodles, tomato mixture and mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees F., 30 minutes or until heated through.