Lemon poppy seed muffinsFrom vanessa 6 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- juice of one lemon shopping list
- 1/2 cup yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the all the dry ingredients except for the sugar, set aside.
- Add the sugar to the butter mixture and stir. Combine the yogurt and half-and-half and stir until no longer lumpy, add to the butter/sugar mixture. Add the eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice to the butter and combine.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Make sure not to overstir, just gently fold and combine…lumps are okay.
- Spoon into the muffin cups. Bake for 12 -15 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Drizzle with icing made from lemon juice and powdered sugar. I use about 2 tsps lemon juice and enough sugar to make a thick, drizzley glaze.
People Who Like This Dish 17
- lovingmybabbyalways Winchester VA, VA
- gvg Downingtown, PA
- lasaf St. Paul, MN
- lovinfood420 Cambridge, CA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- mizzgreeneyez2001 Brooklyn Park, MN
- katrinamichelle Peru, IN
- duttonm Seattle
- julie_shanson Menlo Park, CA
- tooheymomster Springfield, MA
- Plus 7 othersFrom around the world!