Tortilla-Black Bean CasseroleFrom chefsuz 6 years ago
- 2 cups onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 14-oz. can tomatoes (cut up) shopping list
- 3/4 cup picante sauce shopping list
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans shopping list
- 12 6-inch white corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- 2 cups shredded lettuce shopping list
- sliced green onion shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- avocado, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet combine onion, green pepper, undrained tomatoes, picante sauce, garlic, cumin. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in beans.
- In a 9X13 baking dish, spread 1/3 of bean mixture over bottom. Top with half of the tortillas (overlapping) and half of the cheese.
- Add another 1/3 of bean mixture, then remaining tortillas and top with rest of bean mixture.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Cover and bake in a 350 oven for 30-35 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Top with tomato slices, shredded lettuce and green onion.
- Cut into squares and serve with a dollop of sour cream and avocado slices.