Best Buttermilk Bilberry PancakesFrom debra47 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 2 heaping tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- plus extra for griddle shopping list
- 1/2 cup of bilberries or blueberries shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium size bowl.
- Whisk together the flour mixture, beaten eggs, buttermilk, sugar, vanilla, and melted butter until they are very smooth.
- Let the batter sit for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat an electric griddle to 375 degrees or use nonstick griddle.
- Just before cooking the pancakes, coat the cooking surface with melted butter using a pastry brush.
- Pour batter onto hot griddle letting it spread by itself until it forms a 5 inch circle.
- You should be able to fit about 3 pancakes in the griddle at one time.
- Drop about 10 bilberries on top of the pancake.
- Flip the pancakes when their edges appear to be hardening a little.
- There should also be some small holes forming on the surface of the pancakes.
- This should take about 2 minutes total.
- Cook the pancakes on the other side for about 2 minutes or until the pancakes are golden brown.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
- Recipe should make about 12 pancakes.