Green Bean Salad With Anchovy Dressing And Warm EggFrom laika 8 years ago
- 2 cups of green beans, or mixed seasonal beans, washed and trimmed shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 10-12 anchovy fillets shopping list
- 1 tsp. lemon zest shopping list
- Juice of 1 small lemon shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- coarse sea salt for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse and dry the anchovies and roughly chop. Place in a bowl (or in a food processor, in you prefer) with the zest and cover with the lemon juice. Puree, while slowly streaming in the oil. Season with a pinch of salt and a generous amount of cracked black pepper.
- Blanch the beans in boiling waiter for about 4 minutes, or until tender. When they are finished cooking, pour the beans into a colander and rinse with cold water. Spread them on a towel to dry (the drier they are, the better the dressing will cling).
- Bring a small pot of water to boil and boil the eggs for 4-5 minutes. You want the yolks to have just a hint of firmness, since you will be slicing them in half. Douse in cold water, and peel.
- Toss the beans with just enough dressing to coat and arrange on two salad plates. Drizzle over a little extra dressing. Carefully cut the eggs in half and garnish each salad with two halves. Sprinkle with coarse salt and black pepper and serve.