Chocolate Croissant Bread PuddingFrom fluffy24 5 years ago
- 3 extra-large whole eggs shopping list
- 8 extra-large egg yolks shopping list
- 5 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 6 croissants, preferably stale, sliced horizontally shopping list
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks, half-and-half, sugar, and vanilla. Set the custard mixture aside. Slice the croissants in half horizontally. In a 10 by 15 by 2 1/2-inch oval baking dish, distribute the bottoms of the sliced croissants, then add the chocolate chips, then the tops of the croissants (brown side up), being sure the chocolate chips are between the layers of croissants or they will burn while baking. Pour the custard over the croissants and allow to soak for 10 minutes, pressing down gently.
- Place the pan in a larger one filled with 1-inch of hot water. Cover the larger pan with aluminum foil, tenting the foil so it doesn't touch the pudding. Cut a few holes in the foil to allow steam to escape. Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 40 to 45 more minutes or until the pudding puffs up and the custard is set. Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating4 people
wow a elegant dessert wow thanks momomomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
What a delicious recipe! I don't think it can get any better than this!...Favorite foods put together
to create a 'taste treat'!
Thank-you so much for sharing a "5"FORK!!!!!
....mjcmcook....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Oh my! You have some great recipes. I love bread pudding.. and with croissants! Wow!bamma in Lincoln loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!