Grilled Stuffed MeatloafFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- SAUCE: shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, oats, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; spoon mushroom mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Discard foil.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Form a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. square); cut three slits in foil. Place meat loaf on foil; place on the grill rack over drip pan.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 35 minutes. Combine sauce ingredients; brush over loaf. Grill 15-20 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.