Baby Bok Choy With Eggplant And TofuFrom clockworked247 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups firm tofu cubed shopping list
- 1/2 eggplant shopping list
- 5 baby bok choy shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce works) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a pan to medium high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and your garlic added. Chop the tofu into nice bite size cubes and toss those into the pan, making sure to flip them around and get them coated with the oil so they don't tend to stick as much. Grate about half of a thumb size nub of fresh ginger over the tofu (about 1 teaspoon). Repeatedly stir to keep tofu from sticking while cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Set aside cooked tofu and take another pan, fill with 1 1/2 cups water and add 3 tablespoons of Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or soy) to the water. Slice your eggplant vertically so that you get a nice long plane of eggplant about an inch thick. Cut this into rectangular pieces and toss into the water as you heat it up to a simmer. 3-4 minutes in, flip the eggplant over so the other side cooks in the water. At this point your eggplant should be nicely soaking up the water and seasoning. Feel free to add some red pepper at this point if you like your dish a bit spicy.
- After about 8-10 minutes of simmering, when the eggplant is nice and soft, take the pan off the heat and drain the water till there's just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. This will be used to "steam" the bok choy. Dump in your boy choy and flip around the veggies a couple times to get them nice and coated with the hot mixture. After a couple minutes, toss in the tofu and toss the entire dish around so the nice ginger and garlic mix coats the veggies. Still on medium high heat, cover the pan and allow to steam for 2-3 minutes. Open, flip the veggies around, and re-cover. Basically do this until your bok choy is nicely cooked (about 5-6 minutes). Remove from the heat and serve!