Pepperoni BreadFrom jennanetz 7 years ago
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups mozzarella cheese (or whatever you have in the fridge) shopping list
- pepperoni shopping list
- pizza sauce shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 Stick butter shopping list
- *This is NOT one of those recipes that requires exact amounts of everything! Use the amount of cheese, pepperoni, etc. that you would like. It can be made with sauce or without...if making it without, use sauce for dipping. I have made it with a butter mixture instead of sauce and think it turns out better. shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw and raise dough according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- For butter mixture: melt butter in microwavable bowl, mix in desired amount of garlic powder and parmesan cheese...set aside for later.
- When dough has risen, roll in to rectange approximately 8 x 15. This does not have to be exact - you just don't want it too thin.
- If using sauce, spread a THIN layer of sauce across the dough, keeping it away from the edges. Sprinkle small amount of garlic powder and parmesan cheese on top. OR...
- If using butter mixture, spread a THIN layer across the dough, keeping it away from the edges.
- Place pepperoni on top of sauce or butter mixture, again keeping it from the edges.
- Spread mozzarella evenly on top.
- Roll like a jelly roll: this should look like a loaf of french bread when you get done, long and skinny.
- Pinch ends and openings together so there is no way for any of the mixture to escape.
- Place on baking sheet to rise for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake on 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with butter mixture when the bread comes out of the oven.
- Place on cooling rack to cool; it is easier to cut if it's cooled a bit.
- Cut with serrated bread knife and enjoy!