Mediterranean Mac And CheeseFrom cookinggood 7 years ago
- 1 lb hot italian sausage shopping list
- 1/2 lb penne pasta shopping list
- 2 cups cubed Italian bread shopping list
- 1/4 cup Kalamata Olives- pitted and halved shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzaella cheese shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese- cubed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, snipped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon frest thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 medium tomato shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook pasta according to box directions.
- Slice sausage links into 1/4 inch slices and broun in skillet.
- in a large bowl combine browned sausage, cooked pasta, cream cheese, bread cubes, olives and mozzarela cheese. set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter ovr medium heat, stir in flour, sage, thyme, cayenne pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cook and stir until bubbly and thickened.
- Pour over sausage mixture, stir just until mixed and pour into an ungreased casserole dish.
- Bake covered for about 30 minutes
- Uncover, top with tomato slices and parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 more minutes.
- Let stand a few minutes to set before serving.
The Cookcookinggood Leesburg, FL
The Rating3 people
Awesome post! I love this recipe!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Ferri sweetie - this sounds great! I love mac and cheese - it is one of my closest comfy friends. :) But you're taking it to a new level with all these gorgeous additions....how exciting! And I especially love the sage in this decadent mixture. I...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!