Kumquat BrandyFrom 22566 8 years ago
How to make it
- Wash the kumquats and prick them about 8 times with a needle.
- In a large saucepan,bring the sugar,vanilla bean,and the water to a boil over low heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the kumquats,bring the syrup to a boil and simmer 5 minutes .
- Remove the saucepan from heat,with slotted spoon,remove kumquats into a 6 cup sterilized jar.
- Over high heat,reduce the syrup by half.
- Cool,then pour the syrup over the kumquats,discarding the vanilla bean.
- Pour in the brandy and seal.
- Store in a cool,dark place for at least a month before serving.
- Note: You may use the kumquats over ice cream,but use within a 6 months of preparing the brandy.
- Makes 6 Cups