Zucchini ChutneyFrom 22566 7 years ago
- 2 Pounds zucchini shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of each : mustard seed,6 Whole Allispice,6 peppercorns,and 6 cloves,Tied in a cheesecloth bag. shopping list
- 1 sweet red pepper,Chopped shopping list
- 5 yellow onions ,Chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,Finely Chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cups brown sugar shopping list
- 4 Cups cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Cut Zucchini into 1/2" slice,sprinkle with the salt,and drain in a colander over a bowl overnight.
- Combine zucchini and all remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Discard the cheesecloth bag.
- Stir the chutney and ladle into warm,sterilized jars,leaving 1/4" headspace.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Ready to serve in 4 Weeks
- Makes 3 to 4 half pints